Sunday, September 9, 2007

Preocupied in Provo

So, I've been attempting to blog pictures for the past week and a half ish... and Provo must hate me and my computer habits. I could post pictures in Vegas, but not here. I don't know what it is, but there you have it. Last night, I made caramel brownies and then pulled an all-nighter in order to finish Mike's scrapbook. I think it turned out pretty good. And I took pictures of all the pages, but a fat load of good that's gonna do anyone now seeing as I can't blog them or email them out. Anyways, I had also bought a tape recorder, and I made him a little tape as well... When it was all done this morning, I called my cousin Emily, who teaches Italian in the MTC and she delivered the book, brownies and tape to the mail office for me. There's a chance he got it today, but it's more likely he'll get it monday, which is kind of unfortunate, but there you have it. (which I have noticed I now say a lot... "there you have it...") Also, I got his first two letters today that had been lost somewhere in the system. They finally got to me. That was kind of a weird experience; reading things I already knew about, but hearing him saying it. (rather, reading him write it, but I read with his voice in mind, that's where I get it.) I almost felt like I could read his feeling overwhelmed. They were short, but good. And that contributed to another rough day with Casey Jo and I. We both sat and gave ourselves pity parties for missing our boys. But it was ok. They normally don't last that long and we end up telling funny stories and laughing it off anyways. So all in all, a healthy emotional day for me. Anyways, it's late and I want to attempt to catch up on my sleep again before I have to start another week of school.

1 comments:

Beth said...

Don't you just wish you could be a fly on the wall when he gets it!!! I'm sure it's great. That's a real bummer about not being able to attach photos. I really would like to see the pics of the scrapbook. Can you have them printed at Walmart? Yes, the letters do have a way of evoking emotion, don't they?