Tuesday, September 25, 2007

I bought that book

You know, The People Code (formerly known as The Color Code). I started reading it yesterday while waiting in the bookstore for some pictures to be printed off and got so into it that I decided to buy it. I've learned a lot about myself and why I do/don't do the things I do/don't do. Like why I'm writing this blog vs. doing the homework I'm so behind in. I've also learned why some of my relationships are the way they are. I'm very much a white with some blue tendencies. I figured as much... It explains my lack of motivation in almost every situation (homework, planning events, work, etc.) Eh, I'm not going to dwell on that though. Whatever. At least I have the things I need to work on narrowed down.

Also, I got a letter from mike on friday. He told me about the rediculous day of rain, ("No joke, we might as well have jumped in a pool, gotten out, and went and knocked on people's doors. Like anyone's gonna let us in...")
and the getting used to the bike riding, ("All through the MTC I thought it would be cool to be on a bike, but apparently here in this area they don't believe in flat ground. So we're either flying down a hill or going up what feels like an 80 degree slope. I just keep saying in my mind, 'Ooo bring on the blessings!' ")
and the ghettoness of his area ("Our area is totally 'the ghetto.' 85% of the people we talk to or see are black. It's fun, especially since I'm so in touch with my ghetto side. And when there's 2 white boys on bikes that are not-so-ghetto looking, we get a lot of comments. And these aren't like MySpace comments that make you happy. THese are like 'ok, thanks crazy person' comments. So if you want to pass that along to my fmaily, I"m sure they'd enjoy it. If you wanted to put it in a blog, I bet they'd love that. I'm sure you haven't posted since I left.") PSHAW! whatever. But I'm passing along the message, as he asked.
And then he decided he wants to hear about my dating life. Like I'm really going to be telling him about that. How unfocused does the boy want to be? (Not that I'm a dating machine up here or anything. I've only been on one "date" if you can even call it that. It was an assignment for my marriage prep class.) But even then, holy cow, that would just be stupid of me to tell him about any dates I go on. Let's just say, as of now, he has no need to be worrying about that.
Anyways, there are things that need to get accomplished today, and blogging isn't the best way to get those done. I'm such a procrastinator. But hey! Have a lovely day, k?

2 comments:

Beth said...

I took that survey a while back. I had to go back to an old blog of Sarahs because I couldn't remember what color I was. I'm a blue. I forget what Mike is. Whatever it was, it totally nailed him. Maybe white? I can't remember.

The RealFatman said...

ok so of course this is the crazy gay fat Bachelor watchin buddy here and I am real confused. I assumed that you and Mike are still together and you would be awaiting his arrival. Now of course I am not like in your fart circle or anything but please help me understand this cause like I said I am confused. Ok so then the next thing would be that really Mike only asked you how your dating life is cause he really wants to hear you say something like I am not dating anyone cause no one compares to you!!! OK I hope I totally did not but you under the spot light there. But yeah confused fatman would like to know exactly how this works?