Wednesday, September 5, 2007

palindromes.

Today was like the first day of school... because I only had volleyball yesterday. I started out the day with Geography, which is looking like it won't be terrible. The professor seems really nice. She's not going to try and trick you in the tests you know?, and she'll prepare you as best as she can. Then I had New Testament with Brother Robert Millet. He is SUCH a great professor of religion. He knows everything. I know I'm going to love that class. He taught my book of mormon class last fall. Then I went to marriage prep. I've never laughed so much while being so scared. It's taught by a brother barlow, who's hilarious, but he guarentees a 50% marriage rate from the students in the class. And it's not that I'm not really worried, but the statistic kind of scared me. And in the middle of class, he told us to look around at all of those of the opposite sex within a 5 foot radius, and said, "of you 50%, some of you might be marrying one of these who you're looking at... Anyone want to move?" That was pretty funny and everyone laughed, but I didn't see who was sitting exactly behind me. Turns out it's this RM RA from my ward last year, and he stoped me and said hi and said he didn't remember my name and I told him and he said, "hastings right?" k, how often is it that someone remembers your last name but not your first? Awkward. Anyway, I didn't remember his name, so he told me, and I didn't know what building my next class was in so he walked me there... he's totally not my type, not like I'm looking anyways, but after the lecture brother Barlow gave us, I had to laugh at the situation. Then I went to what I thought was statistics, but it ended up being a book of mormon class... it took me almost 10 minutes to realize it though. And don't laugh, it was decieving!! There were math problems on the board and all we had done was sing an opening song and had a prayer (not like that would be odd for a statistics class at BYU anyways.) and then he started talking about the demographics of the class a little bit and how he ran it and then he said, "we've been asked by the department to ask all the returned missionaries to leave, since this is a pre-mission book of mormon class" and I turned to the girl next to me and asked, "did he really just say book of mormon class?" and she said yes and I asked, "this isn't statistics in room 1102?" and she said, "no that's next door." So... retarded me... I guess that's what happens after the jolting experience I had in Marriage prep. So I totally missed everything that happened in that class, but oh well. The walk home was lovely. I was just hoping I wouldn't get poured on, its been raining on and off. And I didn't. So it was good. But theres this HUGE hill I have to walk up and down every day, (at least it's better than the huge set of stairs) and the huffing and puffing totally makes me aware of how out-of-shapely I am. Anyways, I did some laundry and Sarah and I made some delish chicken and pasta... She wanted corn for our vegitable... I like corn, but it takes an awkward digestive track. Whatever, I told her she could choose, so there you have it. The bishopric came to visit. That was fun. And for the past hour or so, I've been talking and laughing hysterically with my roommate Hannah. Who's name is a palaindrom. Like racecar, or level.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Good post!!! Sounds like it's going to be a great year.

Erin said...

Congrats on your first few days of school. Gosh, talk about feeling a little pressure in the Marriage Prep class! I think I would have been afraid to even look around for fear that someone would misconstrue my eye contact for a marriage proposal! I'm glad you made it to Statistics, and I'm happy for you that you're getting along well with your roomates! Ahhh, the days of prayer & opening songs before class...miss 'em! Have fun!