Wednesday, September 19, 2007

I'm in geography.

and I brought my laptop to class. I'm totally paying attention though, we're talking about... high manufacturing areas in the United States? anyways. I don't know if hauling my laptop up to campus is really worth it. It's pretty heavy and I was also hauling my scriptures for my new testament class. All in all, pretty much a load of bricks. And I was walking up that massive hill on 5th E and 8th N. ish. goo.
ALSO! I figured today is mike's p-day and I want to be able to read his email asap. Does that make me completely rediculous? I haven't heard from him in over two weeks, so I'm kind of sad about that. Obviously I'm not going to give him a hard time about it because he needs to stay focused and if he doesn't have time to write me, then he doesn't have time. But still.
Work last night was rediculous. Let me just say that supervising lower division women's volleyball is not the most interresting thing to do, especially when I have homework to be doing and can't do it because I'm needlessly "supervising". And then, one team started to care about the net height... I almost lost it. There I was, thinking, "if you're a good enough team to be caring about the height, then adjust! If you're not good enough, then get over it, IT'S INTRAMURALS!" Luckily, I held my tounge and patiently told her that everyone plays at that net height and if I were to change it for them, it would change the advantage for other teams. I might have let, "it's just intramurals..." slip in. She didn't find that too amusing. She retaliated with, "So you're not going to do anything about it?" and I looked her strait in the face and said no. With attitude I might add. Honestly, who do these people think they are that the playing conditions should be changed only for them?! really. suck it up, dang it. Lucky for my sanity, the schedule people saved the upper division for the last hour of the night so I wouldn't go crazy. These are the girls who actually ARE good and have been playing for years. They know the rules and intramural system well enough to check in efficiently and not complain about the rules. And it's interresting to watch. And if I'm allowed to complain about the joys of PMSing, add that to the mix. If not, then never mind.
We are now learning about the agriculture of the United States.

I went to the True Blue today with Natalie, one of my roommates. It was a BLAST! Of course, we took pictures because that's basically the reason why we went. We weren't even going to go in the first place, because I had work and Natalie had class, but two boys from our ward came over and convinced us otherwise. But I've never laughed so hard in my life. ok, maybe I have... but it was fun. And it just occured to me that you people reading this may not know what "true blue" is. Let me explain. They cover the Helamen fields with this blue foam and people play frisbee and flag football and they have a slip in slide, all in this blue foam. I dont exactly know what the blue stuff was, it might have been soap foam, but it did NOT taste good, I know that much from experience. Anyways, it turns your skin blue. I couldn't risk taking my camera on the field, (you could lose it see) it's seriously a foot deep in some places. But I brought it with me, left it in the car, and Natalie and I took pictures afterwards... AFTER we had rinsed off. Here they are!

Or not! I'll post them the next time I go to the library.

Aaaand now it is 11:00 pm. I got back from work about an hour ago and here are some things I've noticed in the past hour.

1) I opened a new box of cocoa puffs yesterday. I threw the empty box away about 5 minutes ago.
2) Mike is such a punk. Wasn't today p-day? So tell me, where's the email?
3) Men's volleyball is SO much more interresting than women's lower division volleyball. Always.
4) Losing 3 chapsticks in one day sucks really bad.
5) I'm still blue in places I don't want to think about.
6) I was supposed to meet with the bishop tonight to get a calling, but I had work and forgot to call them to tell them that.
7) Liberty square internet access SUCKS.
8) I need to print out some pictures to send to missionaries. I have 3 letters waiting for the pictures to go into the envelope so they can be sealed and sent off.
9) Lower division women's volleyball may suck, but it's always better than soccer where I have to stand for 4 hours. At least I get a chair in the gym.
10) I really shouldn't eat an entire box of Cocoa puffs in two days.

ok, so there you have it. The pictures are coming. Just wait, and in the mean time, pray Liberty Square will work out it's internet issues.

1 comments:

Beth said...

What a fun day, you had! Lower division volleyball AND cocoa puffs! Really, life can't get better, can it???? Yeah, I'm feelin' ya about the no email from the boy. I just keep thinking there's a reason.