Sunday, March 2, 2008

Happy Birthday to ME!

This was me one year ago yesterday! Note the balloons in the background...
And here was me yesterday! On my birthday!!


How did my wonderful day go? Wonderfully. I spent the night before at Andrea's house, went to bed at 1:30 ish, got a phone call from a good friend back home at 1:45 and then really went to bed at 2. Except for that my back was killing me again. Like the same way my back hurt in one of my very first posts... (remember Garrards? the whole "pregnant" issue...) Anyways, Andrea got me a hot water bottle to lay on and a couple Tylenol... I think I finally got to sleep midway between 2 and 3. I awoke to Brooklyn crawling all over me, ready to sing to me around 8. Exciting stuff. We watched an episode of TLC's What not to wear, tvo-ed of course. Then we got ready for the day and went to Magleby's for breakfast where I had a HUGE stack of the best french toast I've ever eaten with fresh berries and cream and honey syrup on the side. (it's endless too, so if you've got big eaters, they keep bringing them out) SOOO GOOD!!! If y'all are ever in the Provo/Orem area, you should DEFINATLY check it out. After breakfast, we went back to Andrea's house and played on the swing in a neighbor's backyard, which, apparently is a totally chill thing to do in Springville.
Me and Karalee Jo. She's a chub.



Here's me and Brooklyn. She was laughing... we had fun.
I went home mid-afternoon to a beautifully clean apartment and a lovely display for my birthday! And because it was my birthday, I got chocolate (lent-free holiday) and I'll tell you what, I got a lot of it. So, I showered and got ready for the evening, and then went with the roommates to dinner at Goodwood bbq. Not as highly recommended as Magleby's, but fairly decent. After dinner and a surprise dessert, we went to the dollar to see Enchanted. We laughed hysterically the whole time!! it was pretty cheesy, but cute. After the movie, we came back to the apartment to open presents and to eat Pizookies.

Note:Chocolate covered Cinnamon bears, Reese's Easter Eggs, Toblerones (my absolute favorite), you can't tell, but there's Oreo's in the green thing, and you can barely see the end of a Symphony (almonds and toffee) bar on the far left. Also, the picture of me in the red frame is my drivers license picture... bah haha
Checkin out the menu. Nice Candid shot by Jacey Lynn.

"FOR ME?!"

Compliments of Grandma C.

Because I'm always stealing Casey Jo's to do my make up in the front room. (it's a mirror)

"For your current and future home" -Casey Jo



Good times. It was SUCH a good day, and I didn't feel my back at all until after dessert when I could barely walk to my room to go to bed. I downed 4 ibuprofen and said a prayer and fell asleep pretty quickly. sigh. It was a lovely birthday.

2 comments:

Beth said...

I am so sorry I didn't know it was your birthday! I hope you heard from at least ONE Garrard!

Shelley said...

Happy late birthday! You are such a pretty girl in such a pretty outfit. Also, I loved the pics of you with Andrea's kids. I think KLJo has changed a lot since I've seen her and she's just a doll.

Hope your back feels better soon!