Tuesday, March 18, 2008

my weekend

SO, Hayley and Bo came up for their spring break (which BYU doesn't offer... what's up with that? Not that I'm complaining, the sooner I'm out of here, the better) and they invited me to spend the night at the house of those who they were visiting (sounds weird, especially since I have no connection to them, but it was really fun and totally chill.) A well needed break from the monotony that is my apartment. I drove there in horizontal-flying snow. That was an interresting experience. Saturday night, we played Rock Band, which if you've never played before, I highly recommend it. If you've never heard of it, it's like Guitar Hero, but with 2 guitars (one guitar, one bass) drums and a microphone for singing. If you've never heard of guitar hero, well, I can't really help you there. After a hearty helping of Rock Band, we watched The Forgotten; it was pretty good, I got a couple of good jumps out of the more suddenly-scary spots.
It was nice sleeping in on Sunday, we had French toast for breakfast, which was good. They had the animated bible stories on dvd, which I grew up with, so it was almost like being home. :) We watched Daniel, Ester, and Moses. Church was at 1, (I normally have it at 9) and sitting through Sacrament made me remember how peaceful student wards are. I guess it didn't help that I was severely distracted by the cutest little girl with fat cheeks and curly brown hair who kept wandering up and down the isle.
Answer me this; why is it that when I have a comment to make all throughout Sunday School, I can't just raise my hand and say it? I mean, I almost felt like I was waiting for the right moment, because I found it right after the right moment... But then I wonder, was it good that I didn't make it? I mean, some people get totally bugged when you go back to topics that have already been covered, but then again, the comment/scripture I had was kind of all-encompassing for the over-all message of the lesson. You know what? I'm going way to far into this... Long story short; I had an insightful comment all throughout sunday school and I never raised my hand to say it.
After church, we played this game called Ticket to Ride which was pretty great. I won by 2 points... beginners luck, I guess. It's one of those games that is really fun as long as people don't get too competitive or offended if you take the route they secretly wanted as well. (I really don't like playing games with severely competitive people. They take all the fun out of it. Sorry if you're one of those people.) It reminded me of The Settlers of Catan. Anyways, good times. Dinner was really good, spaghetti, tortellini, garlic bread and some sort of sausage. Rice Krispy treats for dessert... I love rice krispy treats; they made me want to make some. Good stuff. Anyways, here's Hayley and I after Church

We look somewhat formal looking... odd. Anyways, it was lots of fun. The family sent me home with very good cookies and my roommates consumed them faster than I thought possible. And the best part is, I didn't think about school once the whole time I was there which was delightful.

0 comments: