Tuesday, April 17, 2007

You know you've had a slow day when...

I'm having a difficult time thinking of anything to blog about.

Don't you love those finals when your professor hands you a piece of paper saying, "choose one of the following options, giving real thought and prayer into choosing a 'final exam' that is really appropriate for you. Upon completion, write a 1-2 page description... it's due on the last day of finals... blah blah blah..." it's for that Family Life class so the options are all relationship based; whether it be between you and a family member, a roommate, yourself (like depression or an eating disorder), or the Lord. I don't know whether I should hate it or love it. Part of me is sitting here thinking, "professor, just give me a multiple choice exam!" But the other half is sitting here saying, "hey, you can call up that girl who made high school suck for you, tell her you forgive her, and call it good." It says to use the time you would've used for studying and taking this exam to complete it. I'm pretty sure I know what I'm going to do, but it's something I don't want to do... hence why its a good option. I just don't know how to go about doing it.

Other than that, I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to get back down to Vegas next Wednesday. My mom is driving up here next Tuesday, the 24th, (the day of my last final) to help me get all packed up and whatnot, and Loralee and Taylor's graduation is that Thursday, but my Dad also has a public defender training in Laughlin Wed.-Fri. so that means no one will be home to take care of Kare... She's 17, I think she can take care of herself, but no... So the original plan was for my mom to drive up Tuesday night, drive me back Wednesday morning so I could be there with Karalyn, then she was going to drive back up wed night, be there for graduation on Thursday, and drive home Friday morning. I told her it was going to be kind of hectic pulling the whole "up-and-back" twice in 4 days, but I'd do whatever was most convenient for everyone else. Now they're considering driving up Tuesday, helping me pack, flying me home wednesday with just enough of my belongings to last me a few days so I can be with Karalyn, then driving back with the rest of my stuff friday or so. We'll see how it all pans out.

Also, Nate and Liz are coming back to Vegas for the Summer, which is SO FREAKING AWESOME! I get to see my brand new niece after all. They're going to be staying with us, which means I don't get my room, but it is SO worth it. It also means I have to share a room with Karalyn... I'm really clean. Karalyn is... not so much.

Also, I spent half the day with Andrea today. I drove out to her house in Cecily's car so we could pick up her car at Midas which was having brake issues, then I helped her make dinner and watched Brooklyn and whatnot. It makes me sad that I won't be able to do that hardly at all anymore. I used to spend a few days a week with Andrea, because she lived across the street, south of campus. I just walked there and it took something like 7 minutes. It's a 20 minute drive to their house in Springville, so I won't be walking there much, (ok, ever). And as of now, none of my roommates will have cars... more motivation for me to get my MaryKay car, right?. I'm happy for them though. They have wanted to get out of the student life for a while, seeing as they both graduated something like 5 or 6 years ago. So it's good for them, but crappy for me. I consolidate myself thinking she'll miss my visits and chats as much, if not more than I will.

SO those are my thoughts for the day. Thanks for reading. Now I'm off to the shower and my ever-awaiting bed.

1 comments:

Beth said...

Very good posts! I know you must be looking forward to the break from school for a bit. I've pre-ordered the Harry Potter book, for Mike. I hope it gets here before he leaves! :)