Friday, April 20, 2007

registering for classes...

so, my registration date was at Midnight of the 18th. At 11:55 on the 17th, I started freaking out because I was in Casey's room and she got on her computer to start signing up... and I had totally forgotten to even look into what classes I wanted to take. I mean, next fall semester seems so far away. It is! it's 4 months away. So anyways, I got on Sarah's computer and start frantically looking for classes that work for my GE's and major, while not over-killing myself, and Casey and Sarah are sitting there telling me what they've taken, who not to take classes from, etc. I only ended up signing up for two classes that night, but then I got up the next morning, I finished and felt really good about it. I ended up talking to Loralee, and looking back to a paper of names of good religion professors I had got from my brother Nate and cousin Matt, who were both at BYU for like 7 years. After signing up, I sent it to every older BYU student I have email addresses for, to see if I got warnings or positive responses or whatever... anyways, here it is.

Your schedule for Fall 2007 is:
EXSC 187-007 (Volleyball) .3:00p - 3:50p TTh 144 RB.
GEOG 120-002 (Geography & World Affairs) Knapp, Jill W.10:00a - 10:50a MWF B002
JFSB.HFL 223-001 (Preparation for Marriage) Barlow, Brent Alvin.12:00p - 12:50p MWF B190 JFSB.
REL A 211-024 (The New Testament) Millet, Robert.11:00a - 11:50a MW C295 ESC.
REL C 130-017 (Missionary Preparation) Bott, Randy LaMar.5:00p - 6:40p M W112
BNSN.STAT 221-054 (Principles of Statistics) Bassist, Lawrence Wm.1:00p - 1:50p MWF 1102 JKB. (class) 2:00p - 2:50p W 203 TMCB (lab)

SO I think that will all work out nicely. I mean, I know I'll hate stats, but it has to be taken. Well, either that or like 4 semesters of a foreign language or something. I'm not such a foreign language person either, my brain doesn't work that way. I got an A in Spanish II by SUCKING UP! ask anyone. I was good at it.

So you may be asking, Preparation for Marriage?! Julina, is there something you haven't told any of us?! And my answer is no... Loralee (and everyone else I've talked to) said everyone should take that class from that professor at some point, and I needed a couple more credits. There was a slot open, so i took it.

Or what about Mission Preparation?! Well, I have been thinking about going on a mission since I was a junior in high school. My dad's always said that if any of his daughters were to serve a mission, it would be me. But besides that, it's an excellent class, you learn a ton, leave on a spiritual high every class, and Randy Bott will be retiring in a couple years. So WHY NOT!

So there it is, a little update on my life...

My goal is to be done with finals on saturday, but monday at the latest... I'll use Tuesday to hang out with Andrea for the last time, and start cleaning and packing, then Wednesday, I'll get everything together, officially check out of my dorm, and fly home. yay.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Sounds like a great schedule. Kudos on no really early morning classes. That's good since you'll be up until the wee hours! What a load off, to have that already out of the way. See you in Vegas!

barlows said...

Thanks for the blog fix. Can't wait to see you when you get home. I think mission and marriage classes are a good balance.