Sunday, April 8, 2007

a real blog for a change

So, I spent the ENTIRE week (well, Mon.-Thurs.) writing papers into the wee hours of the morning... so if you were missing the point of my last few posts... that was it. I really think I should work on my procrastination problem... but then I tell myself, what would happen to all the adventure in my life? Sad that my life's adventures comes from racing to finish papers... But I must say, I'm not such a bad writer. They're all about successful families and marriages, because I know all about being a successful wife and mother... right? They're for my Child Development and Strengthening Marriage and Family classes. I wish I could post them for you all to read, or have a link that you could go to read them, but I don't know how to do that, so... sorry.

What has even happened in the past week? Besides the papers, my sister Andrea and her husband moved into their first real house in Springville this weekend. That was exciting, but you can probably guess what I did. In my attempts to be as helpful as I could, I threw out my back again... YAY! Friday night, when it started to ache, I laid on the floor to rest for a bit, and 10 minutes later, I couldn't move. At all. My brother in-law had to pick me up, and it was the worst pain I've experienced in a long time. Of course I started crying, and poor Andrea felt like it was all her fault. I assured her it wasn't, and that I just hadn't been thinking about it at all. I downed 4 Advil and was still feeling a little pain, but alive within an hour. Karalyn spent the night in the dorms that night. That was fun. We did a little microderm abrasion, which was very nice after a hard day's work. We watched Benchwarmers on my laptop on my bed and laughed hysterically while trying to avoid waking up Cecily at 3 in the morning. Difficult task, but since we're amazing, we pulled it off.

Saturday we picked up the work again at Andrea's but I felt completely useless... I did petty jobs like putting Brooklyn's stuffed animals on her shelf, transferring Brooklyn's clothes into her drawer... lots of sitting around waiting for jobs that "wouldn't hurt me." Then again, I was really good at keeping Brooklyn out of everyone's way. We watched A LOT of Jungle Book, her new favorite movie. We played dress up, and did Brookie's hair... definitely a day FULL of fun.

Sunday, we did the normal stuff, only my Mom and Dad and Karalyn came to my ward which was cool. They even stayed to listen to my lesson in Relief Society. I'm really loving that calling now. It's such a great experience. After church, we went to Loralee's house for dinner. When we were done eating, I noticed a missed call from Mike who was at Sarah's house for Easter lunch. I ended up talking to a couple of his nieces, which was delightful, but didn't get much out of him. After that we went back to Andrea and Kyle's house to open a couple bottles of sparkling cider and "celebrate the move" before Mom and Dad and Kare had to drive back to Vegas. Somehow, Cecily and I fell asleep on one of the couches and when we woke up, were suddenly helping Kyle hang pictures on the walls. And now we're home. And I'm updating the blog. And I'm eating way more candy than is good for me. Aren't the holiday's great?

And now it's back to the grindstone. I'm going to try to go to bed at a decent hour tonight, and tomorrow it all starts again. But I'm down to 7 days of classes left. HOW GREAT IS THAT?! Then it's just finals and I'm home... that will be nice. So until later, there you have it!

0 comments: