Tuesday, February 5, 2008

LENT!

It starts tomorrow you know. And before today, I never knew what Fat Tuesday was or that it had anything to do with Mardigras or Lent... Talk about cultured... I had originally decided to give up Chocolate, but then Jacey and Natalie told me they were giving up baked goods. So, I decided to add a poll for the next week or so, see what I can come up with. I needed more than two options so I added facebook up there, cuz I'm on that a lot. I think giving up Chocolate would be more beneficial, but at the same time, more difficult to accomplish. Baked goods would be good to give up too, but part of me is thinking, that's mostly chocolate anyways. Any opinions? Well, back to Fat Tuesday. Since I was going to be giving up Chocolate, I had to down my Cocoo Roos (cheap, non-brand-name Cocoa Puffs) and my Chocolate covered Cinnamon bears. When all of that got old and I started feeling sick, I gave them to my roommates, who downed them real quick.
I tell you what, my roommates are like vultures (in the best way possible) when it comes to good left over food. My mom was up here for the weekend and she took Andrea, Karalyn and I to Olive Garden and as soon as I got home, my roommates looked at me with that, "are you gonna eat that?" look on their faces. So of course, being the oh-so-generous person that I am, offered it to them, and they downed it faster than I could have imagined.
But I now know the meaning of Fat Tuesday. And why Lent is the next day. Well, I don't know all about it, I just know that you eat a lot of whatever you won't be able to eat because you're giving it up for Lent. Something like that. Maybe I'm not as cultured as I thought.

1 comments:

Beth said...

As a former Lent observer, I don't ever plan to participate in that, thanks. I'm just thinking if there's something one feels they need to give up in their life, why stop after 40 days? But, maybe 40 days is better than none and it's a good start to forever. So, go with your bad self and good luck!