Tuesday, January 29, 2008

more stuff.

So, for my MFHD 221 class, we were assigned to create a "symbol-gram" which could basically be anything that told a bit about ourselves so that we could create a community of caring (or something to that effect) within our class. That's not really an every day type situation for college courses, in case we forgot, but whatever, sure, I'll do an easy A assignment if you'd like. I decided to tell something about myself using each of the letters of my name. Here's what I came up with.

Julina; I was named after Julina Lambson Smith. She was the wife of Joseph F. Smith and the mother of Joseph Fielding Smith.
Ultra-soft skin. Basically the next best "u" option was "ugly" voted by Casey jo. nice. There really aren't a lot of positive "u" words out there. I do freak out with dry skin though.
Letters. I spend a lot of my time writing letters to missionaries.
Intramurals. I work for the BYU intramural sports program as a supervisor.
Nineteen will soon be the number of people in my immediate family once Loralee has her baby in 3 weeks!
Autumn is my favorite season!

Harry Potter; I've read them all several times. I've debated all possible aspects of horocruxes... I cried when Fred died...
A&W Rootbeer. I really like it.
Shoes; my favorite accessory. If I could afford to splurge, I would.
Toblerone. my favorite candybar
Incapable of going anywhere without Chapstick. It’s true.
Normal? really, at this point, I was lacking in ideas.
Green is my favorite color.
Sudoku; my choice for passing the time.

I liked the idea so much that I did the same for Mike's name and put it in the letter I sent off today. I highly recommend the idea to everyone who is lacking in ideas of things to post.

So, I finally got the pictures from our family photo shoot scanned into my computer.

Here's the siblings.
Nate, Ryan
Karalyn, Me, Loralee, Andrea


And add the parents

And the in-laws and grandkids.
Taylor, Loralee, Mom, Dad, Kacy, Ryan
Karalyn, Brooklyn, Kyle, Andrea, Karalee Jo, Holly, Liz, Nate, Sydney, and Me.More later!

2 comments:

Beth said...

Nice pics. Good project. Easy A? Even better! And, speaking of the boy, he keeps promising pictures and a letter, but it's been 5 months and still nothing!

Kristopher said...

I don't believe I've ever met anyone else named after Julina Lambson Smith. That totally rocks! As does the MFHD program.

By the way, you're one of only like 5-10% of sites on the Internet with a favorable mention of Joseph Fielding Smith, one of my heroes.

:-)