Saturday, January 19, 2008

Pessimistic in Provo

I'm sitting at my desk in Provo. It's Saturday afternoon and I am not in Las Vegas as I had previously planned. Hannah has been called as the new Relief Society Secretary and as such has training tomorrow afternoon. Even when she couldn't come, my sister Andrea said she'd come with me as long as she could be back in Provo on Monday for her birthday. Kyle took work off so he could spend the day with her. Well, she and my mom got to talking about the weather (which, as of this morning, is probably as nice as Provo weather could ever get at this time of year) and they decided that if it did snow, we didn't want to get stuck in it. So Andrea decided against coming with me. So here I sit.

And I'm kind of in a crappy mood. Firstly, there are some roommate issues going on that I wish were resolved but not everyone is here, so that has to be postponed. It's putting a huge "distancing void" in our apartment. Does that even make sense? Secondly, I feel like there should be things for me to do, but I can't think of any. At least, any that sound appealing right now. Thirdly, I bought/put together a binder for all of Mike's letters and emails. (Let me say, that boy doesn't capitalize a single thing when he types.) I've spent the past few days doing that/reading them again and that's kind of put me in a "missing the crap out of Mike" mood. I just want to talk to him. Fourthly, I keep thinking that a lot of these issues would not be issues if I were in Vegas. My dad just got out of a rough trial yesterday and has called me a lot yesterday and today and I'm thinking it's because he has all this free time now. Great! I love talking to my dad. Except that it's making me really homesick since I should be there and not here right now. And last, I had the weirdest dream last night and so I just woke up in a weird mood... as in not good. I dunno. I think I'm going to read a book. Maybe that might help to cheer me up.

1 comments:

Beth said...

Bummer! I wondered if you were here. I'd think a lot of people probably left town and there you are. I hope you're able to pull yourself out of the funk soon. Mike did mention in his last letter that he was now writing in word and then cutting and pasting and for some reason he would be capitalizing and punctuating. I had noticed that too, and hoped it wasn't a permanant thing! My goal Monday is to get a package together to send to the boy. But, I'm not sure when he's at his apartment and when he's in the other area, and I hesitate to mail something that might have to sit for days.