Friday, February 15, 2008

my valentines day

So, I awoke this morning to the doorbell at 8:03 am. Casey Jo was already up/showered/dressed, so she answered the door. I proceeded to make my bed. IN walks Casey Jo with yellow roses from my dad. He's pretty great. I love him lots.

Here is an example... He got a new camera for Christmas, I got a new Camera for Christmas.

I'm his favorite. I'm not supposed to tell anyone about it, but I couldn't hold it in any longer. But seriously. I am.

Then, because it was a holiday, (and at the beginning of this lent thing we decided that we'd skip birthdays and holidays) I made CHOCOLATE CHIP pancakes for breakfast. I just about died they were so good. It's only been a week, but I haven't had any chocolate at all... While eating breakfast, my roommates and I watched Pride and Prejudice, in honor of the day. At about 11, I showered and got ready for the day, then did homework, then walked up to campus with Hannah for my 1:00 class. That was great and wonderful and whatnot... When I got home, Sarah was watching Return to me (with Minnie Driver, Bonnie Hunt, David Duchovny) so of course, I dropped right down on the couch to join her. Somewhere I fell asleep, woke up, went to my bed and set my alarm for an hour later. Ah, naps. I rarely get one. As in, even rarely on sundays... When I woke up, I made no bakes, because everyone wanted some, and then I got ready for work. At work, I was sure to wish the basketball teams a happy valentines day during pre-game, and they all seemed much more pleasant. I wish every day was a holiday so the teams would be nice. Some kid made some comment like, "aren't you glad you get to spend your V-day evening with 10 guys..." Smart. Also, during the 7:00 game, I felt the ramifications of a week without chocolate and then a day entirely comprised of ONLY chocolate. Headache for sure. Anyways, after work, I rushed over to the Provo Town center mall theater to meet my roommates. I was about 20 minutes late to the chickflick (of course, hello, what else are 4 single girls gonna do on v-day evening?) but I got the general gist of it and enjoyed it. When I got home, I ate a couple more no bakes, watched a video with songs and pictures of Casey Jo and her missionary, then came into my room to blog. Let me just say, after a day of eating nothing but Chocolate Chip pancakes and no bakes, I FEEL like I never want Chocolate again. Luckily, my head knows better and after I pick up lent for a few more days, I'll be set and ready for Casey Jo's birthday (feb. 21st).

Tomorrow, come rain, snow, hail, lightning, WHATEVER, I AM coming home! I haven't seen my baby yet (Ryan and Kacy's baby) and I want to! Really, the justification of the drive is that I have to renew my drivers license. So bring on the Dr. Pepper (caffeinated beverage of choice), cuz I'm in for a long drive that I have not yet made on my own. ugh! I'm ready for a snow-less town, it's been a while. K, well I have to get my sleep if I'm gonna drive for 6 hours, so for now, this is it.

2 comments:

familyof4 said...

I wish I would of know that you were driving down.. you could have drove down with my brother and his soon to be wife =0)

Beth said...

Love your picture of the day! I hope we get to see you. Bummer you just saw P&P. I was thinking maybe we could watch it if you had a few hours.