Wednesday, June 13, 2007

ugh!

Can I just say it's been one of those days? I mean, I woke up, and grandma was already at our house. What is the deal? (she came back for a grand total of three trips to our house, just to see Sydney. She's totally my grandma's favorite person in the entire world... and she's not even 3 yet.)

I got to work at 9:30, (go ahead, hate me mike,) only to find one of the nurses doing my work because she had nothing to do. Yes, it was that slow. On average, we see about 75-80 patients a day, but today we saw 43. How does that even happen? Needless to say, I tried to stretch out my work as much as I could all day, but even then, there was less to do, so it went by just as it normally would. AND, I'll generally have enough blank time to make a new box of charts roughly in a week. I put together an entire box today, from start to finish, timed it, and found out I could have made two with all the free time I had. Only, I've already put together all the boxes of charts and there were none left. How depressing is that? Also, my manager is back in town and didn't really have any projects for me to do. It kind of sucked.

To make matters worse, I'm pretty sure I'm pms-ing. (I was sure to give Mike a heads up as he's usually clueless and confused.) Lucky for me, I had the idea to restock our chocolate stash (which dr. finished off yesterday) during my lunch break. I went to Albertson's and bought a bag of fun sized milkey way, heath, and the hershey mix (mr. goodbar, krackel, hershey's bar and dark chocolate). I was sure to not tell Dr. that it has been restocked.

When I got home, I swear it was like the volume was at 97% of what it possibly could be... everyone was soo loud. goo. To make a long story short, I've now downed a couple midol in attempts to rid myself of these retched cramps and I'm in for a good night of Harry Potter reading. I'll quite possibly finish it tonight (book 6, for the 4th time...) as I am going to Hayley Golightly's graduation tomorrow instead of work. again, it's been one of those days.

2 comments:

The RealFatman said...

I love Harry Potter and Chocolate! Those two things together are even better. So next time we all hang out we are so discussing Harry Potter cause I am a junky and also rereading the 6th book for like the 4th time.

Beth said...

I've never read a Harry Potter book, but I think lounging in bed, reading for an entire evening would be nice. I can't bring myself to get dressed for bed that early, IN CASE something comes up and I have to go out. Not that I usually WANT to go out once I get home from work. Sorry for the puniness. Mantra for the day..."it's GREAT to be female, it's GREAT to be female...".