Monday, June 4, 2007

new post for post's sake

Goo, I can't believe that picture of me is still the first thing people see when they look at my blog. That's the biggest reason for this update.
So, work! They (and by they, I mean Terry Romans, my manager) call me Ms. Handywoman... I started by assembling a shelving unit and since that went so well, they had me putting together two new office chairs too. It's now to the point where whenever anything has to get done, it's "julina when you have a second..." or "Terry, can you get your assistant to..." Well, I guess this is a good thing. I mean, I might have a job solidified for next summer because I'm so dang efficient. I kind of brought it up to Terry that it would be nice to have a job next summer and that I wouldn't mind doing a bunch of catch-up filing over my two week Christmas break. She told me I should definitely give her a call. Who knows what that means. (also, Erin, while I'm at it, you can tell Kevin I relayed his message to her for him.) But I was talking to Mike during my lunch break today and we both think a teller job at the bank would be fun too... especially when It's slow. I like to read and mike says you can do that when there's no one there.
Home... So when I got home from work today, Holly and I had a nice little nap on the couch. That was pretty great. Then after dinner, we all went to my aunts house for my Grandma's birthday. While we were there, my dad thought it would be funny to basically body slam me while telling Syd to come tickle my neck. Not so funny... she doesn't know how to stop, and nether does he. And I'm left, legs flailing about, while trying to regain possession of my arms so I can stop one of them... so fun. (please note the sarcasm). Kiiind of annoying.
Church... I'm afraid I might be in a bit of a slum. I don't know if it's because it's harder to pay attention when you have Syd and Holly or if it's because the reality of relief society is starting to sink in or maybe if it's even because of my new calling (which I'll update you all on once it's official) or what, but I think I need a bit of a lift. Living on my own definitely made me more spiritually independent, I'll tell you that much. Maybe it's the Las Vegas heat that's just making me cranky and flustered when we get there... hmmm.
My weekend. I know you were all just dying to know what Mike and I did, and I don't know if or what he told you, so I'll just tell you all now. So, Saturday, I met Mike at the Robindale building (ah, so many good memories there) for Sydney's baptism (mike's niece, not mine). Sadly, I had to leave Karalyn to babysit Syd and Holly all by herself. Darn. Then we went to Sarah's house for some post-baptism eating which was great, cuz I hadn't eaten lunch or dinner. Then we went back to my house so I could change out of my sunday attire and we left to meet Hayley and Bo at the mall... (sounds so lame...) Anyways, we went to "build a bear" to build... a bear... the idea came from Casey Jo. She and her missionary (not that mike's my missionary or anything... whatever) went there and made one and so did Rachel and her missionary... well they said I had to, and I thought it would be funny to do so, so we did. His name is George. And he is dressed like a missionary... thanks to Mike. (Syd really likes him.) Then, we were going to go see Pirates III, but Bo went and saw it the night before, so that idea was veto-ed. We ended up going to Bo's to watch Ocean's 12. All in all, it was a really fun night. Fairly innocent.
Sometimes it's really hard to be home from school. I mean, BYU's hard, and it kicked my trash, but coming home and regaining the feeling of a shut-in teenager again is in no way an enjoyable experience. I thought it would be so much better coming home to all of my old friends from high school without the drama and whatnot, but it's like I only ever see Mike, Hayley, Bo and CJ. And don't get me wrong, they're my best friends in the whole world, but I've just been kind of disappointed with the way things have worked out with some of the others. And I have a curfew again. Goo. I was up until all hours of the night in Provo, and not that that's the best idea, but at least I could if I wanted to... I can't really do that now. And I have chores, which reminds me how grateful I am that I'm a clean person on my own. And I'm sharing a room again, which is sometimes wonderful, but sometimes really, really, really not. I mean the list goes on and I would sound like more of a brat than I already do if I kept going. I dunno... I'm kind of tired now and today's been a rough day, so don't get me wrong, every day is definitely not like this, but it's just been one of those days. Sorry this has turned into a venting session. Sometimes it happens.

3 comments:

The RealFatman said...

You sound like every one of my friends that went out of town for school and tasted freedom. Its a tough transition for sure!!

Beth said...

It's tough. Not particularly easy from a parent's perspective, either. Personally speaking, it's a wierd place when your "kids" are growing up (grown?) but still living at home. I guess it's supposed to be a little unpleasant for the offspring or they would never want to be on their own! And besides, if you had it just like when you were in college, what stories would you have to tell your kids when they complain about the things you make them do that they don't like??? Ha.

barlows said...

Goo. I feel ya, girl. You are going to survive and be back in Provo before long. Remind me to share with you some of my journal entries from my summer home.