Wednesday, June 6, 2007

I know I never post this often.

I know it's been done before, but I just have to give a shout out to Mike's Family. (since you guys are probably 99% of the people who read this anyways...) I went to Mike's house tonight to kind of get a break from my house, and that's what inspired this blog. Before I go on, I don't want anyone getting the wrong impression of my house/family, its not an unpleasant environment, but when all I do is go to work, come home, sleep, wake up, go to work, come home ect ect... it gets old and I need to switch it up a bit. Anyways, to the point, every time I go to the Garrard's house, or spend any time with the Garrards, I feel so welcomed and perfectly comfortable.

Mike has been my best friend in the entire world for a long time. I don't know anyone else who can make me laugh the way Mike does. And maybe that's just because we have so many inside jokes, or maybe it's because we know each other so well that we pick up on things that we know would be amusing to us, but that other people totally space out on. I don't know. I love how I can pick up on the little things he does to try and make my day that much better. I love how our friendship is more important than anything else thats going on between us. It still amazes me that after being as close as we are for so long that he still works to bring me up to be a better person instead of accepting my faults as a part of "knowing the real me." Ah there are so many other things I could say... but for the sake of time and appropriate content, I'll move on.

Sarah is so fun! I've loved getting to know her better. I remember I first met her at the Black-and-White-senior-ball-planning-meeting and though I didn't contribute much, I was glad I went. I love talking to Sarah and making fun of mike. I mean, someone has to do it, right? She has made me feel more comfortable at Garrard family gatherings where I totally felt out of place by just saying hi and talking to me... sounds pretty lame, but it's made a huge difference for me. And her girls love me, so... what more can I say?

Sister Garrard is pretty dang great. A lot of moms can get pretty over-protective of their little boys when girls come around, but I have never felt anything less than welcome around her. Even after some bumpy times with Mike, she was always kind to me... (but that could be because she didn't know). I love how she will be embarrassed for me. Thank you for that.

Dave... ah Dave. I love Dave. I remember the first time I really "met" Dave, he came and gave me a huge hug, squealing in his delightfully high falsetto voice, "julina!" I remember wondering how crazy he was that night, but I've been greeted the same way pretty much every time I've seen him since then. I love Dave.

Nate and Stacy are awesome. I see a lot of Mike in what I've seen, heard and read of Nate, and it's all good things. I really ought to thank Nate for being a good brother and a good example. I feel like I can relate to Stacy at times too. I mean, I did choose her card every time I was the judge in Apples to Apples. We must think alike, which pretty much makes her really awesome. We've only hung out a couple of times, but it's been enough for me to ask Mike when we can hang out with them again.

I thought Erin was the oldest sister for a long time, just because I didn't know who she was. Odd comment for the day... haha. Erin's great to talk to as well. She's got a great sense of humor and I felt perfectly comfortable around her after about a minute of sitting next to her while watching the Bachelor.

Brother Garrard... I can say, I dont know that well, but whenever I sit talking to him, I don't know what it is, but it's a really good feeling. I think it's that, "I think I'm being approved of, yay!" feeling. Dad's can be fairly intimidating, but he isn't...

I realize this has all been pretty vague, but I hope you all know how much I appreciate you. I love you all and wanted to thank you for everything you've done for me. Seriously, I wouldn't have mentioned you if you hadn't done something positive, so really, Thank you.

4 comments:

Beth said...

Thank you. That is all so very nice. One never quite knows what others think of them. And, you make knowing you so much fun.

The RealFatman said...

I would usually post some sarcastic remark about kissing up or brown nosing but really I agree with you so! Uber Props to The Garrard Clan!!

Erin said...

You're so sweet! Seriously, I am really glad you feel comfortable around us 'cause we REALLY like you too!!! Really. So I hope we still see you sometimes even after Mike leaves...you'll always be welcome! I pretty much agree with you on Mike--he's a good guy, and we're pretty big fans of him too. He has carried a big load being the last one at home with Mom & Dad for a while, so that right there says a lot for him!

Stac said...

Thanks for the nice post. we should hang out for sure again!