Friday, February 27, 2009

And the winner is...

So, I suppose it might be helpful to finally let y'all know that I'll be serving in the Houston Texas Mission, Spanish speaking. I'll report to the MTC on May 13th. I'm totally psyched. Today, we went to get my first El Libro De Mormon and my Temple Dress. As soon as I get my recommend, (which will hopefully be very soon) I'll be taking a little road trip down to Vegas to take out my endowments.

The only thing left then would be to announce the winners. The Grand Poo-bah winner of them all would have to be Scott Haynie who guessed "Southern Texas Spanish Speaking"... can't get much closer than that. Silver and Bronze go to Nathan Robinson and Laura Cutler who guessed "El Paso, Texas" and "Texas" respectively. So guys, come claim your prizes; any candy, cookie, brownie, baked-good of your choice... just let me know and I'll get on it. (If there's a specific recipe you're looking for, you'll have to forward that along too, or I can look it up on the internet or something.) I'm too tired to update on much else, but if there's any questions, just comment them and I'll let you know!

8 comments:

Brianne & Jarod said...

Well well well....that is GREAT news! I guess I may have to drop of a "SURPRISE" package sometime :) WAHOO!!!

Amie Fagg said...

Congratulations on your call to serve: you will be an AMAZING missionary!

Jody said...

Congratulations! Missions are amazing life changing experiences and I'm sure you'll be fantastic.

- your cousins' cousin, Jody :)

Kacy said...

I am excited for our Texas missionary! Also HAPPY BIRTHDAY JO!!!
Much Love,
Ryan, Kacy, Hailey & Baby

The Sorensens said...

Hurray!!!! We are so excited for you! Get your Spanish groove on!

Tyson and Dawn Jolley said...

Congrats Julina! You're going to be the best missionary ever! And you're going to bless so many lives so soon! Yay!!!

familyof4 said...

How exciting! You are going to make an Amazing Missionary!

Love,
Kara

The Macks said...

Julina! I'm so excited for you and kinda jealous because I was totally born in Texas but I have no idea what its like because I haven't been back since I left when I was 2 weeks old :). So you will have to tell me if it is awesome like I imagine it is.