Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween costumes

So here are some post-party photos with Mary and Kelly. Alli didn't dress up with us. Mary and I made our dresses and Kelly found her's at DI and made some slight modifications.
The story is that we're dead housewives. The idea was slightly inspired from Desperate Housewives, but really, we happened to find the dress pattern at Joanns and thought it would be a fun idea. Mary died from a slit throat, I died from being strangled and Kelly died from a shot to the head. Morbid, I know, but it's HALLOWEEN. It's lame sauce if you're an "angel" or "cowgirl." Unless you're under the age of 8. Then it's great. I got my apron at FlirtyAprons.com and it's called "sassy black." How could I not buy it? Anyways, I'll post more picture from the actual party a little later because I couldn't find my camera during the party and I have to get them from friends. Also, I can't get this to not be underlined... So... Until then,

Mary, me and Kelly

Me with our no-bake spiders, Mary with our peanut butter cookie eyeballs and the Cauldren cookie/caramel rice crispy treats and Kelly with the tombstone brownies.
Us looking dead ish...
Solo shot...
Me showing my strangled neck. And crying. (totally fake)
And then, Alli wanted to try putting a post-it over the flash becuase she said it would turn the picture colors. This is an orange post it picture. kinda neat.

7 comments:

Loralee said...

Um...HELLO?! If I paid you would you make me a dress like that?! Your hair looks sassifrass too.

Liz, Nate, Sydney, Holly said...

OK Jo, that is SCARY! I am terrified and I live thousands of miles away and that was days ago! You guys did a great job. I will still probably show them to Sydness since she's dying to see what you looked like...You really do look hot, in a morbid sort of way. :) (But that was the goal, right?)

Beth said...

Good costumes and decorating!

Stephen & April Pett said...

You're pictures are so cute! you definitely looked awesome!! It was also good to see you for the second I did. Sorry it took us so long to get there we were busy with homework and sorry we couldn't stay very long either. We should definitely get together soon!

Mark & Bek said...

Wow! Awesome makeup

Jenna said...

you are so cute!! and your costume definitely rocks. and i totally know mary.. i worked with her at heritage. how funny! we always know the same people...

Loralee said...

I wish for you to update the ol blog.