Friday, July 20, 2007

tonight is the night...

The night I've been waiting for for many many years. I'm pretty excited about it. HOWEVER, I'm not one to stand in line for hours and hours waiting for something. I figure I'll probably go to some grocery store around 11 or so, maybe see if/where Hayley and Bo are going, and make a decision later on. As of now, life will most likely be put on hold for a couple of days until book 7 is done. I just realized I think I have to teach a lesson on Sunday in Young Womens... crap. Way to put a screaching halt on my reading plans for the week. Actually, I might just plan my lesson all tonight before I go to get the book. A last minute plan, but there you have it.

Also, I'm at work right now, on my lunch break, and I'm freezing. Dr. always has the office either freezing cold, like now, where I have goosebumps to the point of driving home with no air conditioning just to thaw out, or uncomfortably warm... like "sitting-in-a-chair-doing-nothing-and-sweating" warm. Awkward.

Today has been a really good day. I slept in, (like 8:15 is sleeping in) like I have been doing for the past couple weeks and woke up to clear off Karalyns kitchen island and dresser. Long story short, our room is generally messy, even though I'm a generally clean person. It's her that normally rubs her messiness off on me rather than me rubbing my freakishly neatness off on her. However, shocking thing happened last night, I came in to go to bed, and there wasn't a thing of hers on the ground and she was sitting in bed reading HP. So I asked her to read out loud while I picked up my stuff. Blah-de-blah-de-blah... clean-ish room. When I woke up, I decided to continue the job, hence cleaning off her kitchen island and dresser. Now all there is left to do is vaccuum, dust, and windex the mirror closet doors. Which I will do when I get home. yay. And after spending an entire paragraph on cleaning, I think I'll move on now.

Today has been a really good day. (cont.) As I was getting ready for work, Liz came in and asked if I would like some pancakes for breakfast. HECK YES I WOULD LIKE SOME PANCAKES FOR BREAKFAST! nice break from the slim fasts... (more of that later). Anyways, I had peanut butter and syrup on them and if you're saying "gross" and have never tried it, repent and change your ways. I had never tried it before this morning, but it was delicious. Karalyn even woke up and graced us with her presence this morning for breakfast, which was delightful since she's always asleep when I leave for work. It was like... togetherness... pleasant togetherness... good stuff. Anyways, I left for work at 9:55, got to work at 10:15, listened to Nine days (quite possibly one of my favorites) and only got annoyed with one retarded driver. I mean, going 68 in the left lane isn't cool. It's just stupid. Then! forgetting that starbucks was coming today, I had a lovely cup of hot chocolate waiting for me on my desk when I got here. And it wasn't scalding hot. Nice. And I've kept myself busy since then. good times.

Now this diet thing. I've never been good at them, and I'm still not. Not really. But it's easier with other people to diet with, and so Nate, Liz and I are doing it together. Now it's not even really that hard-core. It's a lot like Weight watchers, but instead of point counting, it's just calorie counting. I get 1600 a day, which isn't bad at all, I just have to remember to write down everything I eat, which is the annoying part. To make it easier though, I normally just have a slim fast for breakfast, and a slimfast for lunch, and that leaves roughly 1160 for dinner and dessert. Pretty easy. But I also have to count the calories in a glass of orange juice, or one oreo... thats the annoying part. But all in all, I think it'll be good.

Anyways... the lunch break is now over, and I should probably get back, not like there's gonna be tons to do, but... there you have it.

1 comments:

Erin said...

Okay, just so you know... I was at Smith's the other day (you know, the grocery store) and they were playing an ad over their PA system saying to come get the HP books at 12:01am for 40% off the list price, yadda yadda. I'm having a hard time envisioning people breaking down the door or lines wrapping around the building at Smith's of all places, so try that. Good luck, and we'll hopefully all be able to discuss the awesome book the next time I see you!!! Happy Reading!