Tuesday, May 1, 2007

I'm home... incase you missed the memo

why is it that my summer VACATION is starting out more exhausting than my freshman year at college?! Tell me, how does that work out? Well I got home Wednesday night, and started work Thursday morning at a Dr. Joseph Johnson's office. He's a regular "go get a check up" doctor... and I file for him. Let me tell you, it is an exhilarating job full of surprises and laughter... (please note the sarcasm). Actually, for being a file clerk, it's not really that bad. I got the job through the office manager there, Terry Romans, who is a good friend of Kathy Brunson, who has been my mom's best friend for 20 years.

side note here: today I found out that Terry went to a baptism (I'm assuming it was Sydney's) where Beth Garrard spoke (wonderfully, from what I hear) and after a conversation with Kathy Brunson about it all, she somehow found out about Mike and I. Odd how random people find out about things like that.

I work with 4 of the most helpful, genuine, helpful, hilarious, helpful, Hispanic girls I have ever met in my life. They are Great!! Two of them are the nurses, and the other two work in the front office checking people in and out and whatnot. I have never felt more comfortable in a new environment. Whenever I have a question, and trust me, I have about a thousand a day, they are more than willing to do whatever they can. They've even caught it before I ask when they see the foreboding look of confusion as I stare at a piece of paper that I've never seen before. They're really great. There's also Renee who doesn't say much, but is quick to laugh and is really nice, and the other lady who works in the back room who's name I can't remember, but she calls people and tells them their lab results... a real fun job I can imagine.

I've seen people come in for drug, vision, and hearing tests, which are always fun to watch while Annett (one of the nurses) makes fun of them (they don't know it). Also, I stuffed about 400 envelopes full of bills... good to know I'm making 400 people's day suck a little more. And they have this machine, which is amazing, that you put money in (via phone order), and it prints stamps on to envelopes when you run them through. Kiiinda complicated, I've never seen one before, but they're the coolest thing ever. I'm glad I got to sit there running envelopes through it for about an hour. ALSO! I got 4 new paper cuts doing all of this delightful envelope stuffing. good times. Funny thing happened too, I asked Renee for a band aid, and she said she'd check if they had some. As she walked out, I said (more to myself than anyone else) "it's a doctor's office, you'd think they have band aids..." and I heard her laughing all the way down the hall. That was good, I mean, at least I know she's not way serious all the time.

So I've bought some scrubs. I couldn't stand wearing professional office attire, including nice shoes (which I did the first day) and I figured, if I wear scrubs, I can at least wear tennis-shoes. So it was off to Wal-Mart, and I got myself some hot pink scrubs. And they really are hot pink. They're pretty great. And today, my Dad came home with some nicer ones from a scrub store. It was pretty cute watching his reaction when I said I liked the pattern he picked out.

Also, I lost my cell phone last Saturday night, so to anyone who tried to call, sorry, I still love you, I'm not ignoring you, it was just lost. It turns out that the Flaggs have it, so I'll get it back asap.

Also Saturday evening, Nate and Stacy envited Mike and I over for dinner and games. That was really fun and the food was delicious, ESPECIALLY after living off of Cannon Center meals for the past few months, so Thanks for that (Nate, great steaks, you should grill a lot more often from now on). And Zoee really is adorable. During part of dinner/part of games, she sat lounging on her little couch watching a baby einstien dvd. When she started warming up to me a little, she laughed a lot more which was really cute.

My dad is kicking me off... I'm so not used to having hours like this, but oh well. More later!

2 comments:

Stac said...

We are really glad you came to hang out with us. It was lots of fun. We should do it again for sure!

Anonymous said...

It's been a while since your last blog.